Tuesday 10 May 2011

Summer Sunflowers to Print and Paint!


This beautiful Sunflower was grown and then photographed by my sister in Hampshire...

 Using some very clever software, I converted the flower photo into a sketch and put together the "Summer Sunflowers" you see below...


and then I painted it with my watercolours



Because the sketch is already shaded, it was very easy to paint - I used two colours of yellow for the petals and two shades of brown for the centres. A few small dots of white and picture painted...

Have a go at painting it with your group - here is the sketch for you to download and print...Click here for Summer Sunflowers 

Be creative - have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Just such a clever idea. This method would work beautifully in the classroom as well. Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Comment